There are a few items that you need to attend to daily to make sure that your home is in its best viewing condition at all times for potential buyers.
- Move any trash or clutter around the front door, walk way, drive way area and around the garage door. Don’t let potential buyers see any debris around your home.
- Keep the exterior and interior front entry way clear of any shoes. Shoes should be removed from balconies, patios and bedroom floors as well.
- Keep the entry lights turned ON if the entry way is not normally light and bright. We want the buyers to feel an inviting, warm radiance when they come to your home, not a feeling of darkness.
- Open the windows daily to freshen and neutralize your home.
- Make sure the bathroom is spotless and the toilet seats are down.
- Make the beds and hang all clothes on hangers in the closet.
- Keep the kitchen sink and counters clean and clear of dishes, clutter and crumbs. Have a vase of fresh flowers on the kitchen table or counter to add appeal.
- Water potted plants on the balcony, patio or outside the front door regularly.
Before you leave for the day:
- Vacuum carpets, sweep floors and run the dishwasher
- Replace the used bathroom towels with clean, folded hand towels
- Pull back any drapes and open blinds to let the sun in.
- Turn on the lights. Many times buyers will not turn on the lights and will move quickly through your home. With the lights on, your home will feel more welcoming and be shown in its best possible light, encouraging buyers to linger a bit longer.
- Open all of the interior doors. If your doors tend to close by themselves, use rubber door-stops to keep them open.
- Turn music on at low volume
- Place pets in a fenced side-yard or the garage
I realize that this list requires quite a bit of effort from you but the little things can make a big difference. When visiting a nice hotel, the main things that stand out in people’s minds are the details, the small details. It’s the same in real estate and it’s the small details that we are creating here. Your efforts will be rewarded.